accordion-close accordion-open arrow-left books caret-down caret-left caret-right caret-up chevron-down chevron-left-double chevron-left chevron-right-double chevron-right chevron-up corner document download facebook gravityworks media-play mentor menu michigan presentation search twitter instagram


Dear MSA colleagues,

As you all know, we have had two confirmed cases of COVID19 in Michigan over the past 24 hours and the governor has declared a state of emergency.  As a result, many physicians (including some on the Board of the MSA) have been asked by their institutions to NOT attend meetings or to travel for fear of further spreading the disease. 

After much careful consideration, the MSA Board has decided to cancel this weekend’s scientific meeting. The board will have an online meeting this weekend, and we will begin discussions on rescheduling, or offering online scientific content to our membership. Decisions regarding elections, CME, etc will be forthcoming within a week or two. 

Refunds for registration will be forthcoming. If you booked a room in the MSA block it will be canceled automatically. If you booked outside of our block you will need to call the hotel (734.487.2000) and cancel to ensure you are not charged.

As physicians, we should be conservative in situations like these, and keep the health of our patients as our top priority. This is uncharted territory for us, and your board is committed to doing the utmost for our patients and our specialty. 

Roy G. Soto, M.D., FASA
MSA President